The Law Firm Of Frank M. Galchus – Queens Family Criminal Attorney Fresh Meadows, NY 11365 For more information on our legal services, or to schedule your legal consultation, contact Mr. Galchus by phone at (718) 229-2628 today!
New York, NY 11365
NEW YORK, Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
(61-43 186th street) New York, NY 11365
11365 New York
The Law Firm Of Frank M. Galchus – Queens Family Criminal Attorney Fresh Meadows, NY 11365
Frank is a great lawyer. He is very professional, and it shows that he loves what he does although some cases are not easy. My case was about child custody and they explained everything to me as to what the best scenario would be and the worst. I would like to thank Frank and his team for their hard work and dedication! Frank was such a great lawyer. My case was very hard and he helped me feel very confident. I recommend him 100% to everyone. He is very professional! I will forever be grateful with Frank I don't know where to begin my son and I are forever grateful Frank was so professional from the moment I met him! I got so much done within 4 days of retaining him, more then I've got done in the five months that this case was proceeding. Frank worked diligently to ensure that my son received the best legal representation at times he even reminded me hey I know you’re his mom but I am here to represent him and I will do and must do what's best for him. I cannot thank him enough for what he's done for me, because of his connections and experience he worked out a great deal at times I didn't know what was going to happen but Frank assured me he would provide the best legal representation and he did my family is forever grateful for him, take it from a mom that thought there was no way out Frank swooped in like a knight in shining armor and saved the day I thank you my son thanks you my family thanks you. It brings me great pleasure to comment on my attorney, Mr. Frank Galchus. Allow me to first mention that I was nervous about walking into family court, because this was my first experience. I am often intimidated by the unknown and law is definitely not my field of expertise. However, my uncertainty and apprehension collided with Mr. Frank Galchus. Mr. Galchus carefully listened to my concerns and helped me to be triumphant in the courtroom. He spoke clearly and concisely and exhibited astounding confidence. He was sharp, tactful, and encouraging. There are a lot of things in life that can be imitated but, victory is not one of them; either you're victorious or you&'re not. Frank is an absolute champion. Thank you Frank!!! So honored to have been represented by Mr. Galchus. He is truly for is clients, he's super sharp, and very clever. He will make time to sit and talk with you and responds to all emails you send him. So happy with the outcome of my case.
Rating: 5 / 5 stars

Family Offense Petitions And Orders Of Protection

The Family Court Act gives the Family Court jurisdiction to issue orders of protection to people in a protected class even if they are already complainants in Criminal Court.

The Family Court handles cases involving disorderly conduct, harassment, aggravated harassment, certain sex crimes, stalking, criminal mischief (that is, damage to property), menacing, reckless endangerment, criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation, strangulation, assault and attempted assault, identity theft, grand larceny, or coercion.

If you are in a protected class of people and are the victim of one or more of these crimes you may seek an order of protection by filing a family offense petition.

You may file a petition against a spouse or former spouse, or against a parent or child, or against a member of the same family or household. This means that you can seek protection against a person related to you by blood or marriage, or against the father or mother of your child whether or not you have ever lived with that person, or against a person who is or has been in an intimate relationship with you.

The definition of “intimate relationship” is a developing one in the law. For a court to determine that there is an intimate relationship, it will look at the type of relationship, how often you have had contact with the other person, and for how long. A court can find an intimate relationship even if that relationship is not sexual in nature. There does, however, have to be something more than just a casual acquaintance or ordinary business dealings.

error: Content is protected !!