If you are summoned to court for a neglect or abuse proceeding, you should consult with a lawyer to advise you about the process and your rights. In some neglect and abuse cases, children are removed from their homes and placed with a relative or in foster care. Even if you are being prosecuted in Criminal Court for the same charges, you can still have a neglect or abuse case filed against you in Family Court. The burden of proofs are different, and they are separate proceedings handled very differently.

error: Content is protected !!